Honey Glazed Chicken Breast with Strawberry Mango Salsa
I’ll choose a homemade salsa over a store bought one any day! Not only do they taste better because the ingredients are fresh, but they are also super easy to whip up! One of my favorite ingredients to add to salsa is fresh mango! Mango has an incredible way of blending perfectly with both sweet and savory dishes, plus you’ll get 100% of your daily Vitamin C from just one cup. Enjoy this Strawberry Mango Salsa with chips or paired with honey glazed chicken and jasmine rice! The perfect summer dish!
Strawberry Mango Salsa
• 6 large strawberries
• 1/2 mango
• 1/2 small red onion
• 1/4 cup cilantro
• 1/2 lime
• Salt and pepper
1. Dice strawberries, mango, red onion and cilantro. To learn how to dice mango, check out this tutorial!
2. Add to a bowl, mix and squeeze lime juice over the top. Mix again and add salt and pepper to taste. Store in the refrigerator while chicken cooks.
Honey Glazed Chicken Breast
• 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 3 tbsp avocado oil
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
1. In a medium sized skillet, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil over high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
2. In a small bowl whisk avocado oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the chicken and cook until the sauce starts to reduce and thicken. Spoon extra sauce over the top of the chicken and remove from heat. Pair chicken with strawberry mango salsa and jasmine rice (optional).